I have to admit that I was quite excited when Sumayya Ali from the blog My Rebelious World tagged me for the sunshine blogger award. I thought it would be a nice way to introduce myself a little more towards the blogger community.
My answers to Sumayyas questions
1. If not a blogger then you would have been?
I think a blogger is just 10% of what I am. I am working for a global health organisation. So most of my time goes into that. If I could though, I would like to be a full time traveler.
2. How to stop violence against women?
Education! Make sure all girls and boys get proper education, which enables them to grow up as (economically) independent adults who are able to take care of them selves. And, follow a zero tolerance policy to any violent behavior from men at any time. Plus we need to recognize and avoid victim blaming!
3. Do you consider yourself modern or traditional?
I think I am very modern and progressive! I guess it always depends from which point you are looking at this though.
4. How to fight the issue of global warming?
Tax carbon emission and tax meat that would reduce consumption of the most polluting industries. Vegetables and life essentials should be taxed less. And polluters should pay of course.
5. Fast food or eating at home?
Quality over quantity always! Better a good home cooked meal unless there is really no time. When I eat out, I look for good vegan/vegetarian places.
6. What’s your most comfortable dressing style?
Sweatpants, I will just admit it. Although I usually would wear jeans and suit up if I have to for work.
7. Can you compromise on your passion if it’s the need of the hour?
I’m sorry I don’t really get this question. But I guess I have enough self discipline in general to frequently, read, blog and exercise.
8. Name 1 of your most favorite hobby?
I can give you three! Yoga, reading and playing piano (all besides the blogging of course.
9. You want the next year to be?
As this questions was asked to me last year, I hope for this year to really expand my blog. I am exited of the increase growth I have seen the last couple of weeks and interaction with other bloggers so I really aspire the keep this going.
10. Rain or sunshine?
11. Joseph Chilton Pearce says, To live a creative life. We must loose our fear of being wrong. Your thoughts.
I strongly agree! It is not just about being wrong, it is about failing and starting again and about admitting when we are wrong so we can take time to reflect and learn from our choices.
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers; and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on 1 of their blog posts.
- List the rules, and display the Sunshine Bloggers Award logo on your site or on your post.
My new questions
- Why did you start a book blog?
- What is the best book which has been written in your country?
- Which book is you guilty pleasure?
- What is your favorite non-fiction book?
- When would you say that your blog is a (big) success?
- Which book do you believe should be mandatory to read at all schools worldwide?
- Do you rather buy your books or get them from the library?
- Which mistakes did you make when you started blogging?
- How do you take care of yourself and you mental health?
- From which country would you like to read a book?
- If you could give advice to a blogger who starts today, what would it be?
And I tag…
I am looking forward to your questions, but of course feel free to skip on this one if you don’t feel like it!
- The Educated Negra
- Mallee Stanley
- AJ read all the things
- A Whisper of Ink
- Olivia Emily
- And of course everyone who reads this posts and feels like answering these questions.
Hope you enjoyed it!